VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Warning Lights Up and EPB Is Getting Stuck

547 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  B6nBmore 
#1 ·
I've been reading some things about modules and voltages but nothing that seems specific to this exact situation so some insight would be appreciated.

All of those lights are on and have been for over a year. At first last summer I had rear right wheel speed sensor replaced, that didint do it so right rear wheel bearing/hub were replaced. Didnt fix it. Then a few months later they all just turned off, like over the winter but now theyre back and P brake light now too.

I just had to unstick my EPB the other day using a new button the method explained in this thread:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6894857-Passat-B6-Parking-Brake-Failure-Diagnosis-Help but today 3 days later it was stuck again.

Are there different modules for EPB vs ABS and all that other stuff? Is it possibly a voltage issue and how would I test that? Alternator and battery are both 3 years old.

See less See more
#2 ·
You're going to be flying blind until you scan the car to get the DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) behind those warning lights. You'll need VCDS/VAG-COM or possibly OBDEleven to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.