VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

metal chunk and other debris in oil pan 1.8T wolfie

585 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Josh64 
#1 ·
Need help diagnosing this mystery. I had 3 chunks of debris in my oil drain bucket after an oil change:

1 black chunk of plastic probably from secondary air system / PCV / EGR tubing which I had replaced within last year.

1 orange chunk of plastic from the oil dipstick tubing which crumbled apart just like the PCV etc tubing did. I replaced it, of course.

1 chunk of mystery metal, shiny, faceted. Video attached to this post to youtube unlisted video that shows all 3 chunks. Please pardon my fingernails. I really don't ever let them get like that.

The engine sounds fine, runs fine, good mileage. The secondary air pump or valve or gasket are going out or blown because that sounds noisy, almost like the old beetles with the Wankle. Seems unrelated, tho. No codes except P0420 (long standing known code due to aftermarket catalytic converter/downpipe messing with 02 sensor).

https://youtu.be/G84Xllp12-s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.