VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Holy grail E63 AMG wagon obtained

55K views 443 replies 137 participants last post by  Activ8 
#1 ·
Got the replacement from selling my 1984 R30 Nissan Skyline. I found the car, convinced the owner to sell and bought it all within 24 hours.

I was daily searching for a white 12-13 E63 Wagon with performance package. There was one listed with 48k miles but the guy was asking $54k which was really high. I finally emailed him and offered him 47k. He said 50 and I said 49k. He said he would sleep on it. Next day, he calls me and says he doesn't want to sell. I was bummed. I had posted on IG that I would pay $350 for anyone who found me a car I bought. I got a DM from a guy who has a 1 of 1 and said he was also looking for a white one and had put together a database of all the known ones. Highlighted the ones he thought I could get. I reached out and all were either sold or not for sale so then I move on to the non highlighted. Google searching the 2nd vin on the list brings up a Lynchburg VA name and phone number only which is only 2 hours from me. Call the guy and say " Hey, you don't know me and this is kind of weird but do you have a white E63 AMG wagon"? Yes, he replies. "Would you consider selling it"? He says yes again but says I don't want this car. I ask why and he says because it has 180k (I am thinking miles) but he says sticker price. I asked him how on earth is that possible and he tells me how he owned a MB dealership and spec'd the car out at the AMG basement in Stuttgart where all the best one off cars are done. Goes down the list and then tells me the interior color. I ask how much and he says he thinks he will list on BAT. I go on to tell him about my past cars and he recognized all of them and says this AMG is the car for me. We agree on a price and I bought it. It's never even been titled before and came with the certificate of origin so I am technically the first owner. Apparently the car is well known in Germany and was in magazines from when it was being built at AMG.

The white wheels have to go. Yes, I am going to mod it but anything I will do will be reversible. I love the fact that it's not metallic white, has yellow calipers and the interior color. All of my favorite things. It's like it was built for me.

I will take better photos tomorrow when I clean it. I am tired now.

See less See more
#152 ·
Installed clear side markers which really cleaned up the look. Have an AMG flat hood emblem and black tristar for the rear on the way and getting the window trim, rear trim and roof racks wrapped in gloss black. The chrome on the grill will be wrapped in matte gunmetal.

#153 ·
Car looks really great.

I may be alone, but I really like standing hood ornament.

#172 ·
I know, right?! My MB guy said he had never seen that from the factory.

That interior! :eek:

Any thoughts on debadging the rear?
Yeah but I kind of think I should leave the factory color matched badges on.

There are few things in life as satisfying as seeing a car get detailed, especially a wheels off cleaning on an AMG wagon.
Agreed. He is doing an amazing job and has now spent 16 hours on the car and is coming back to do the final polish and ceramic on the car this evening. The guy is the most thorough and amazing detailer I have ever experienced. And one who truly loves doing what he does. He has great positive energy and is a true professional. He has been trying to earn my business for a while and now is the only person I will consider.

#179 ·

Looks fantastic, particularly with the subtle and very tasteful aesthetic and functional modifications you've been making. So good.

Looking at the picture above, I thought you might want to consider wrapping the rear roof panel in black to match it with the panorama roof – particularly since you're also blacking out the trim.

I did this on mine (see below), and it works well since the roof lines look much better when carried through the rear edge. In order to get the gloss "glass-like" material finish to mimic the panorama roof, we did a black wrap on that panel, and then covered that with XPEL (which I have on the car bumper to bumper).

#186 ·
A concept from 2017...I guess they were thinking of a SportTourismo version of their 4-door GT car.

#187 ·
Just a heads up that I'm truly having a hard time deciding whether to mod this very rare and special car since I mod everything I own. Therefore I'm considering selling it to get another one to go crazy on so if any interest, shoot me a PM.

#188 ·
Put a wing on it. Or lift it on 33s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.