VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What is your avg car payment per car not including fuel, insurance, maintence.

• $0 because they are paid off

Votes: 106 33.9%
  • $300 and Under

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • $301 -$600

Votes: 121 38.7%
  • $601 - $1000

Votes: 43 13.7%
  • $1001 +

Votes: 9 2.9%

What Is Your Average Monthly Car Payment? Please vote

10K views 240 replies 108 participants last post by  Sold Over Sticker 
#1 · (Edited)
This is just to get descriptive data from our group here. The other day I read that about 33% of US single family homes are paid off, which got me thinking about our cars. How many of us have no car payment, and those that do, how much is it. Do not include insurance, fuel, maintenance. Just monthly payment including leases. Not judging here, just wondering for the poll.

Personal note: In my car group of friends, we keep thinking $300 is a good monthly payment that number has been the same for years and years. As we age, $300 isnt going to cover much. And now the average auto transaction price is something like $33,000.

Rule #1 for clicks

See less See more
#234 ·
$250(ish) a month for me. Can’t stomach more than $300 a month for a vehicle for some reason. Mines a little different though, using my works credit union and with auto deposit and pay, I don’t see the payment. Actual payment is 120 every 2 weeks and the bank is on auto deposit of 125 every 2 weeks. Don’t have to worry, and I don’t really notice the lack of money anymore.

#240 ·
using my works credit union and with auto deposit and pay, I don’t see the payment. Actual payment is 120 every 2 weeks and the bank is on auto deposit of 125 every 2 weeks.
What he said ... having the payment pulled from your credit union checking account on payday 2x a month is amazing. This was important because wife was finishing masters when vehicle were needed.

Along with a 2.9% rate offered back in 2014, our credit union (Nordstrom) made it painless to purchase a convertible beetle and Yukon Denali the same year. Luxury vehicles from desperate dealers at low dij pricing / rates.

In a blink it seems, they’re paid off, painlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.