88th Le Mans 2020, happy belated Father's day!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge

88th Le Mans 2020, happy belated Father's day!

Didn't see a thread for this one.

Cooler temps, longer night, earlier start (if my math is right it'll begin at 8:30amEST).

In the U.S. it will be shown on Motor Trend TV (previously what was Fox Sports and prior to that SPEED), and also on their app.

Qualifying tomorrow!
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

With the longer night portion I think I'll just be checking the high lights instead of watching big chunks of the race. To be honest I'm not even sure who the favorites are anymore so I'll be going in with clear eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      With the longer night portion
      I am curious to see how it goes for sure. I don't have anything going on this weekend and live coverage is included with my MotorTrend On Demand membership, but I'm not sure if it's the "good" coverage or the crap coverage where it's just the 3rd rate announcers and a few stationary webcams rather than the broadcast quality coverage. They have the 2019 race recording up again and it appears to be the broadcast TV crew and cameras, so I'm hopeful that's what it's going to be this year too. I've maintained that the $5.99/mo for MTOD is a great deal and that's with me basically never watching live events. I guess this would be the first live event I'll be watching via the app and it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      With the longer night portion I think I'll just be checking the high lights instead of watching big chunks of the race.
      I love the night racing, something surreal about it and glowing rotors is my sorta disco ball
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Just found the spotters guide, surprised there are no corvettes this year . I expect a Toyota win, but always lots of good racing no matter what. Starts at 5.30 am Saturday on the west coast. Full coverage on velocity in Canada if you’re planning on watching it

Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      I am curious to see how it goes for sure. I don't have anything going on this weekend and live coverage is included with my MotorTrend On Demand membership, but I'm not sure if it's the "good" coverage or the crap coverage where it's just the 3rd rate announcers and a few stationary webcams rather than the broadcast quality coverage. They have the 2019 race recording up again and it appears to be the broadcast TV crew and cameras, so I'm hopeful that's what it's going to be this year too. I've maintained that the $5.99/mo for MTOD is a great deal and that's with me basically never watching live events. I guess this would be the first live event I'll be watching via the app and it looks promising.
      cancel your membership next year before fathers day. last few times ive gotten a yearly membership for $20ish dollars for the entire year