Pandemics have a way of changing your priorities. Let's say you were to buy one of these modern Porsches with the intention of keeping it for 15-20 years. Second car, maybe 3-4k miles per year. What do you buy?
In one corner, 2014 GT3 -- The Banchee, a high revving loud potential $40k 3.8 out of warranty bomb. Because race car. $120-145k
- 2016 sounds like the year to get with the revised engine, but can only afford a 2014-2015 with the potential high-rev misfire.
- These are warrantied until 2024, 2025 or 2026 depending on the year.
- The 991.2 4.0 seems like the GT3 to buy, but that's way too much of a stretch.
- Holds value better if it doesn't 'splode.
In the other corner, 2014-2016 Turbo S -- The Gentleman, an evolution of the VW Beetle with Veyron speed. Not much difference between the 991.1 and 991.2 Turbos in terms of performance or reliability, just styling mostly. $110-$130k
- Es fast.
And finally in this corner (it's a triangular ring) the 992 Carrera S -- The Trust Fund bb. Fresh! New! Depreciation ahoy! $110-$130k
- Beautiful design.
- All the kushy new tech.
- Potentially more reliable.
- More power than you really ever need.
- Tuneable af, if you need more power than you really ever need.