VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Beat sounding car ever?

7K views 93 replies 72 participants last post by  MonsterM 
#1 ·
Road and Track has a cool series called “Better than Coffee”, a series of videos on great sounding vehicles. What vehicle has always stood out to you as an amazing sounding engine or exhaust note? I’ve always enjoyed the sound of the pushrod V8s in the multitude of Corvettes.

#79 ·
ambiguous title is ambiguous. came here and scrolled thru 4 pages to post similar. :thumbup:

I really like the upgraded JBL stereo in the new Rav4. IMO, it's better than the Bose system in our CX-5, though the CX-5 has a much quieter cabin. I've never traveled in a Rolls Royce or Bently, but I have to imagine their stereos and NVH/sound deadening are top notch.

#85 ·
Ferrari (fill in the blank) sure
LF-A yes
VW 2.5L 5 yes (mine sounded great with stock intake and exhaust)

For more than sentimental reasons, the sound of VW's air-cooled 1192cc "40 Horse" (stock twin pipes and no emissions controls) is wonderful, and immediately recognizable anywhere within earshot.

Porsche flat 4's & 6's pre & post emissions as well.

#86 ·
Best street car I've heard in person was a CGT flying past me right before it went down to single lanes on G-Town Pike after the Deutsche Marque Concours about 15 years ago. I was leaving (as quick as I could) in my 914 with a triad exhaust and he blew past me and gave me a thumbs up...made my year.

Sounds 'better' than the F40 I saw driving in downtown DC!!!! near chinatown a few years later.

Wish I'd could have heard the yellow F50 in the FofW showroom, back when they were in an office park and I could buy used F1 engine parts from the parts counter to gift to my brother....man, have times changed!!!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.