Maybe Another SchnellFowVay **** Show - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
      Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      So nothing's happened and we're already on page 3?
      we'll hit double digits before we even figure out a court date.

we've all seen this movie before!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      Maybe you should try this approach to making threads as well.
      hesrightyouknow.gif

OP's threads always end up as "Diet Hawc", 30 pages of peanut gallery circle-jerk and only 2-3 posts of actual OP content.
      iain

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfUnV View Post
      he stuck his thumb into my butt cheek, held it there for 2-3 minutes, and i haven't had any pain since.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Why doesn't the OP just buy a reliable Asian sport sedan? Bought sketch snit, got bit, now looking for somebody else to hit.
      Japanese car companies have nice lawyers that would rather settle than litigate

Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      we'll hit double digits before we even figure out a court date.

we've all seen this movie before!
      and yet, here we all are, lining up for the show. gotta do something to keep the masses entertained around here.

Quote Originally Posted by aethelwulf View Post
      and yet, here we all are, lining up for the show. gotta do something to keep the masses entertained around here.
      What's more American than threatening to sue?

Watching reality shows.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      So nothing's happened and we're already on page 3?
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

What's more American than threatening to sue?

Watching reality shows.
      Clare's season of Bachelorette starts tonight

In

Quote Originally Posted by 4.OMG View Post
      To be covered under warranty, would a covered repair have to be completed by October 15 or just the diagnosis that a covered repair is needed?

How much does the repair cost if not covered by warranty? Can an indy shop do it or is it dealer-only for some reason?
      In my anecdotal experience, so long as an issue is logged before the expiration, it is covered. Example: Mother's Jeep Grand Cherokee lease ran 3 months past the warranty (36 vs. 39 mos). Around months 29-32 she took it in for an issue (I cannot recall what it was), Jeep checked it and passed it off as working per design etc. Fast forward to month 38 and the issue rears its head again, except this time it really affects the car. They first called, explaining they figured it out, what the fix was, and that it will cost $x.xx b/c outside of warranty. We still had the records so we politely told them to look up X date for the same complaint. They confirmed and proceeded to repair as a warrantied item.

Also, for those of you giving Schnell a hard time, this is literally what the system is for. He's hoping for the best, but preparing for AoA to be a pain in the ass. Ever since Audi updated their policies regarding TD1 flags there have been many accounts of individuals going in for service and being denied warranty coverage because of a tune or other part that is wholly unrelated to the serviceable issue. This is a blatant contradiction to the M-M act and as such is illegal. The reality is that the enforcement of the act is taken on by the consumer, similar to lemon law cases. So, knowing that the anecdotal evidence gives good reason to expect Audi (unless he has a cool dealership and good relationship with them) to open this car up, see its a stage II APR car, immediately shut the hood, and call Schnell to pick it up or pay up. This isn't a I'm going to sue for millions, this is a suit of enforcing M-M on AoA to force them to abide by their own warranty during the period and use an unrelated modification as a cop out to avoid warranty work.
      Last edited by GLI Dan; 10-12-2020 at 05:14 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by DzlDub View Post
      Cars are ****ing awesome, anyone who doesn't want a car is a communist.
      Disclaimer: Generally, I strongly dislike people.
      Current: 2016 BMW M4
      Prior Vehicles: '18 Infiniti Q50RS l '13 E92 335i M-Sport l '04 E46 330ci SMG l '04 MKIV GLI 1.8t 6spd

Does the dealership get paid to do warranty work? If yes, then why even bother denying a claim like this? I don’t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiropractor JW View Post
      Does the dealership get paid to do warranty work? If yes, then why even bother denying a claim like this? I don’t understand.
      Because the TD1 "flag" is automatically applied on Audi's national dealer network when they plug your car in. Any time the computer detects that more flashes have occurred of the ECU than Audi's databases reflect, Audi's cloud servers mark the VIN as "TD1." When a dealer sees a TD1, it means that Audi will refuse to pay them for warranty work related to the engine. So it places a burden on the dealer to clear the repair through Audi before performing the work.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Because the TD1 "flag" is automatically applied on Audi's national dealer network when they plug your car in. Any time the computer detects that more flashes have occurred of the ECU than Audi's databases reflect, Audi's cloud servers mark the VIN as "TD1." When a dealer sees a TD1, it means that Audi will refuse to pay them for warranty work related to the engine. So it places a burden on the dealer to clear the repair through Audi before performing the work.
      Hope someone with a dealer isn't looking at this thread right now, but just a word of advice if you drop hints that you will sue,
      you will immediately be told to contact the dealer lawyer or VWoA lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaruski1 View Post
      I tell you of my first hand experience when I had my MK7 Golf R.

Car had roughly 12k miles on it and full stage 2 upgrades. Was running Cobb Accessport with protune ECU and TCU.

DSG transmission started to throw all types of crazy faults after a few months of being tuned. Eventually went into limp mode.

Reset all faults and flashed ECU back to stock map.

Brought car into dealer with all hard parts on the car still and stock ecu map.

Entire DSG gearbox replaced under warranty.
      But that could totally be due to the excess stress placed on the gearbox by the tuning?

I'm amazed that there's an expectation that a company should cover someone when they have tuned their car by an (un)official source, and tuning varies wildly from good to poor, probably then driven the car far harder than the average user, not had it serviced by the officially designated service providers but then cry when their toys break and expect the original manufacturer to repair their car? Is this not the age of entitlement or what?

I thought it was big boy rules: you tune your car and then accept that it's all on you from that point onwards.

Of course we all know that users are being dishonest and returning their cars to standard before trying to claim. Now that manufacturers have cottoned on it seems like many posters are crying about the fact that they can no longer get away with their dishonesty.

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Bingo.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

boy between the iphone keynote and this thread how will i manage today?????

How are you going to argue that your aftermarket tune and parts didn't add stress to the cooling system and cause a premature failure? I can't see how cranking power way past OEM levels doesn't increase heat output and affect this in some way, regardless of how failure prone the part is in stock levels of tune.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX, 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11), 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11), 2003 Jetta GLS 2.slow (good riddance), 2010 VW GTI, 2011 Toyota Camry, 2006 NC Miata

Quote Originally Posted by dwagner88 View Post
      How are you going to argue that your aftermarket tune and parts didn't add stress to the cooling system and cause a premature failure? I can't see how cranking power way past OEM levels doesn't increase heat output and affect this in some way, regardless of how failure prone the part is in stock levels of tune.
      I agree. I guess I don’t get how this isn’t effected by the tune (which I am open to learning).

I had a dream last night that I met a guy that had a way to hack/steal cars and I got myself a new S3. I'm pretty sure it was inspired by this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chiropractor JW View Post
      yes by audi if the repair is approved. otherwise they just ate the cost of the repair.

UPDATE

So this started off nicely . . . and then 7 minutes later when I was getting in my Lyft, I got a phone call from the service advisor that informed me of two things:

1) The original owner purchased Audi Care, so they are giving me a free 30k mile service (cool, I guess?); and

2) The car was TD1'd back in 2017, so they will not perform work on the car other than the service.

The lady was nice. I was very nice, too, and I agreed to pay a diagnostic fee in the event that Audi won't cover it. I did mention that it was against federal law to just blanket refuse service, and she indicated that she was aware of this, but it was dealer policy.

So let's see where this goes.

Is it bad I'm reading this as good news because it means more entertainment coming soon?
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

In.
      Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
      That's like a child saying, "I'm going to swing my fists and walk towards you, and if you get hit, it's your fault!"

Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Is it bad I'm reading this as good news because it means more entertainment coming soon?
      Exactly.

self fulfilling prophecy

On the upside, since they will be flashing the car back to stock for the 30k mile service, I just ordered Integrated Engineering Stage 2+ software for the engine and DSG.

I hate APR, but the car came with APR. Since APR discontinued their Stage 2 program, and since I am not the original purchaser, I can no longer use APR software.

I had been meaning to do this anyway, so this got me off my ass to get it done.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast