Maybe Another SchnellFowVay **** Show - Page 8
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      This is accurate. I did mention that it was against federal law to blanket deny warranties, but I didn't come out guns-a-blazin.
      That is quite literally guns-a-blazin. How have you made it this far in life by simply opening every interaction at an appointment with "I'll sue you"
      IG: @geeofff
      MK1 TDI Swap

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      That is quite literally guns-a-blazin. How have you made it this far in life by simply opening every interaction at an appointment with "I'll sue you"
      Haha, you don't know me or how I communicate on a day-to-day basis. If you read this thread closely, you'll note that they already tried to deny all service on the car (other than the Audi Care service that was prepaid).

So my options were, at the denial of service, to do the following:

1) Say ok and pick the car up;

2) Say "could you service the car, pretty pretty please;" or

3) Mention that what they were doing was in violation of federal law, and tell them to service the car.

I chose option 3. That's me. You may have done it differently.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Turn of Events

They can't find a coolant leak after "extensive" testing.

I had a coolant warning in ~July. I added some Audi-OEM coolant and 50% distilled water to the "medium" tick mark level.

Now I'm getting the coolant warning again in October after driving about 800 miles per month and the coolant is slightly below the minimum level.

I have heard that these engines all burn a little bit of coolant. But this seems excessive. They want to let the vehicle settle over night.

Maybe the head gasket is shot? If so, that's a pay out of pocket repair. I will give you that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Heaven7 View Post
      I dont buy it. I've had two MK7 GTIs (very similar engines to the one in your S3). Both tuned and never had low coolant warnings.
      I keep mentioning water pump. My MK6 was also giving me the same issues until it the dealer saw it was the pump going bad.

However my MK7 did that sometimes at the beginning of the fall/winter when it would get cooler in the morning and would have to top it off a little. My MK7 in the 30k miles I had it never gave me an issue w/ the water pump.

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      This is America, dude. What's right or wrong is irrelevant. All that matters is who can win in court. And how much clout frivolous litigation can generate
      This. I've dated a few lawyers recently. It's super entertaining. It boils down to how can I use language as I intend, regardless of my actual stance on the issue. It's a game, and honestly, a fun one.

Give them hell Schnell. Blanket denial is illegal, and they should be held accountable for it.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. Iíll be there, front row.

Haha, you don't know me or how I communicate on a day-to-day basis. If you read this thread closely, you'll note that they already tried to deny all service on the car (other than the Audi Care service that was prepaid).

So my options were, at the denial of service, to do the following:

1) Say ok and pick the car up;

2) Say "could you service the car, pretty pretty please;" or

3) Mention that what they were doing was in violation of federal law, and tell them to service the car.

I chose option 3. That's me. You may have done it differently.
      But theyíre not servicing the car, right? So how was option 3 the best one? Iím not denying the way theyíre doing it is not very fair, but clearly your approach hasnít been that productive for the outcome. I just hope like I have said multiple times that they at least diagnose it and donít flat out blacklist you.

Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      But theyíre not servicing the car, right? So how was option 3 the best one? Iím not denying the way theyíre doing it is not very fair, but clearly your approach hasnít been that productive for the outcome. I just hope like I have said multiple times that they at least diagnose it and donít flat out blacklist you.
      I mean, in theory they are servicing the car. They still have the car.

Second off, they aren't going to "Blacklist" me. Nobody out here is that organized. Hell, when I sued Chrysler and the Jeep dealer and they settled with me, the Jeep dealer was calling me the next week trying to get me to buy another car.

Not to mention that "black-balling" me from service would itself potentially be illegal, and certainly in violation of Audi's dealer franchise agreement.

Finally, legally, before you can sue, you actually have to make a demand, and have the demand denied. That's where the phrase "demand letter" comes from. I have demanded that they service my car under warranty. At some point I had to do it, and when they denied me service seemed like the appropriate time to do it.

Schnell, you had to have seen all this coming when you started this thread, right?
      Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

This thread is hilarious.

Side note - do these have an auxiliary water pump for when the car is turned off, and it runs? More than one VW/Audi product Iíve owned have had problems with those, and itís annoying to track down.
      Itís alive!!!

http://vintageuro.com

Stories, podcasts, and pics of all the good things

Quote Originally Posted by MylesPH1 View Post
      This thread is hilarious.

Side note - do these have an auxiliary water pump for when the car is turned off, and it runs? More than one VW/Audi product Iíve owned have had problems with those, and itís annoying to track down.
      Yup. It will run coolant through the turbo for a few minutes after the ignition is switched off.

When I bought my first MK7 and heard all sorts of pumps cycling with the engine off, I thought "Ahhhhhh ****, what did I get myself into?"
      I am not associated with Weber-Stephens wonderful American-made grilling products, nor with Guy Fieri or Martin's Famous Potato Rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      I'm not sure what your experience has been like in life with attorneys, contracts, warranties, and legal actions, but that is quite literally the opposite of "guns-a-blazin". Asking nicely for something that is legally owed to you, getting denied, and reminding the other party of their legal obligation is the most polite way to approach this.

Some people here have a very obvious bias against attorneys and show it in their posts. I have yet to see a single indicator that Schnell has ever acted like an ass or thrown his lawyerly weight around, so there's no need to act like he's trying to defraud your grandma. He's trying to get what we're all legally entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      I have yet to see a single indicator that Schnell has ever acted like an ass or thrown his lawyerly weight around, so there's no need to act like he's trying to defraud your grandma.
      WEEEEEEElllllLLLLLLLLLLLLL, there was this one time with navigation systems on certain 1-Series BMWs in ~2009 when I was a newish lawyer . . .

But otherwise, I appreciate the support

WEEEEEEElllllLLLLLLLLLLLLL, there was this one time with navigation systems on certain 1-Series BMWs in ~2009 when I was a newish lawyer . . .

But otherwise, I appreciate the support
      The internet never forgets...
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. Iíll be there, front row.

so end of day two, on day one they said they looked everywhere and found nothing, and presumably did the softball 30k service at that time.

so what the hell was day two for?

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      so end of day two, on day one they said they looked everywhere and found nothing, and presumably did the softball 30k service at that time.

so what the hell was day two for?
      I know not.

I have not heard back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
      If your thermostat fails due to excess heat, you would have bigger issues (head gasket, etc). The thermostat is just a spring. It opens at a certain temperature. The stock cooling system is probably more than capable of handling a Stage 1 tune with no other hardware so I would doubt there's really any excess heat (again, if there was excess heat from a tune that the cooling system couldn't handle, you're going to have much bigger problems than a thermostat).
      Engines turn fuel into heat and then heat into motion. A tune has little if any control over the 2nd part of that (we're talking bearings, volumetric efficiency, etc.), so if it's making more power it's by definition making more heat. It might not ever achieve excess temperature, and I would be legitimately shocked if SFV's car had overheated, but I don't see any reasonable way the car didn't have more heat to deal with.

FWIW I don't think the tune "broke" the thermostat like a lowered car could break a control arm, rather, I believe extra actuation sped up wear. It'd be like wearing out 40k mile warrantied tires at 39k miles when a burnout was likely done at some point. Entirely reasonable the burnout made the difference between 39k warrantied and 41k not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker
      This. I've dated a few lawyers recently. It's super entertaining. It boils down to how can I use language as I intend, regardless of my actual stance on the issue. It's a game, and honestly, a fun one.

Give them hell Schnell. Blanket denial is illegal, and they should be held accountable for it.
      Yup. In this case, on engineering grounds alone I would generally expect SFV to lose. But warranties and laws aren't engineered, they are written and debated and have meaning. With his persistence and tact, I rather expect him to win here, and even though I believe the tune could have contributed, the TD1 concept in general is pretty well overboard and well deserving of pushback, and for a dealer to blanket refuse without knowing why is problematic, so I'm definitely rooting for him.
      Last edited by ghost03; 10-14-2020 at 07:39 PM.

I know not.

Try setting up a Zoom meeting.

I know not.

Outrageous, Egregious and Preposterous.

I say go for it...if anything the complete VAG deserves a class action lawsuit for shi*y water pumps on all their EA888 engines across the board.
      My mk7 GTI has been eating / losing coolant and dealer pressure tested it twice and found no problems, but itís going somewhere for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Member View Post
      Outrageous, Egregious and Preposterous.

Still haven't heard back. I'm not going to rush them. It's perfect weather to drive the Porsche around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.OMG View Post
      Schnell, you had to have seen all this coming when you started this thread, right?
      quoted for truth. most truth I have seen in this thread. most truthiest.

Still haven't heard back. I'm not going to rush them. It's perfect weather to drive the Porsche around anyway.
      Tough life. S3 is in the shop so Iíll take the Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Tough life. S3 is in the shop so Iíll take the Porsche.
      #humblebrag

I mean, in theory they are servicing the car. They still have the car.

Second off, they aren't going to "Blacklist" me. Nobody out here is that organized. Hell, when I sued Chrysler and the Jeep dealer and they settled with me, the Jeep dealer was calling me the next week trying to get me to buy another car.

Not to mention that "black-balling" me from service would itself potentially be illegal, and certainly in violation of Audi's dealer franchise agreement.

Finally, legally, before you can sue, you actually have to make a demand, and have the demand denied. That's where the phrase "demand letter" comes from. I have demanded that they service my car under warranty. At some point I had to do it, and when they denied me service seemed like the appropriate time to do it.
      All businesses have the right to refuse service, unless it is about race or some such thing. They clearly can refuse service to you. and they will, they are playing the wait him out game right now...hoping their stalling will drive you away without having to tell you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake White View Post
      All businesses have the right to refuse service, unless it is about race or some such thing. They clearly can refuse service to you. and they will, they are playing the wait him out game right now...hoping their stalling will drive you away without having to tell you off.
      They better have a good reason in the case of car dealerships though. If corporate finds out they are refusing warranty service for no good reason, corp won't be happy generally. I'm sure those who worked in that industry can attest.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by child_in_time View Post

I say go for it...if anything the complete VAG deserves a class action lawsuit for shi*y water pumps on all their EA888 engines across the board.
      My mk7 GTI has been eating / losing coolant and dealer pressure tested it twice and found no problems, but itís going somewhere for sure.
      So much this. I've not visited the dealer since purchase but feel I'm driving a repair wait to happen. Cars should not loose coolant at the rate I'm experiencing.

I really like my car but this issue is digging in a bit to deep. This should never happen at 18,000 miles.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast