So here's the deal:
1) I bought a pre-modified Stage 2+, 2017 Audi S3 from a Subaru dealer in 2019.
2) Car is not TD1'ed because it was never brought back to the dealer. It still retains the original (crappy) version 1 2016 software for the MMI and stereo. Never updated.
3) Warranty ends October 15, 2020.
4) Last week the A/C started smelling like coolant and the coolant warning keeps going on.
5) A well known flaw in the EA888's is that the coolant thermostat fails and leaks coolant.
I have an appointment at the Audi dealer on October 14, 2020, one day before the warranty is over.
They will absolutely TD1 the car.
If in fact the block is cracked (unlikely), or something like that, I will pay the repair out of pocket as it is clearly, at least somewhat, related to the tune.
But if the coolant thermometer is broken (most likely secenario), which is a known flaw that is unrelated to the tune, I will push to have it warrantied despite the TD1.
I am not afraid to sue Audi in Federal Court over the M-M warranty act (in fact I am currently suing Audi on behalf of a co-worker for a different issue - a Lemon law issue -- in Nevada you have to sue to avail yourself of the lemon law).
This thread is a just a placeholder for what will likely become a **** show in the days to come.