Maybe Another SchnellFowVay **** Show - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Perhaps, but as stated, Audi and VW's official policy is complete powertrain warranty denial on TD1. This violates federal law. But they appear to just settle whenever anyone pushes them with a credible lawsuit over it.

Let's see what happens.

What's fun about my case is it's the most extreme case possible -- these usually are the ones that actually make for lawsuits. I have a car that I didn't buy from Audi originally, that is modified heavily, that is at the VERY end of its warranty term, that was never touched or serviced by Audi, and that has (what appears to be) a known flaw with the engine. They are going to want, with every bone in the their German penny-pinching corporate body, to void the warranty. Let's see.
      Has VAG denied you anything yet? Or are you just getting ready to sue because extreme response is the natural first step?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post

I mean, if you keep going to food trucks with low sanitary grades and getting horrible cases of mud butt and your first thought while sitting on the toilet is, "I'll sue!", I think you're missing the true instigator in this continuing turd stream of drams.
      This might be the best description ever written that summarizes Schnell's automotive adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      Has VAG denied you anything yet? Or are you just getting ready to sue because extreme response is the natural first step?
      No, and maybe they won't. I drop the car off Tuesday morning.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      I'm not worried - he'll find a way to bug them into escalating. It's what he does

They'll fix it no questions asked, but he'll find a scuff somewhere and it's off to court!!
      I'm not going to escalate anything unless I get denied. I am at least 60% sure though, that they will at least give me a hassle over this.

Let's wait and see.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Perhaps, but as stated, Audi and VW's official policy is complete powertrain warranty denial on TD1. This violates federal law.... I have a car that I didn't buy from Audi originally, that is modified heavily, that is at the VERY end of its warranty term, that was never touched or serviced by Audi, and that has (what appears to be) a known flaw with the engine.....
      Isn't the warranty already voided when Audi doesn't do the maintenance on the vehicle?

You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by chopWet View Post
      Isn't the warranty already voided when Audi doesn't do the maintenance on the vehicle?
      No. Maintenance can be done by anyone as long as it's documented, within the specified intervals, with specified materials.

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Sweater View Post
      No. Maintenance can be done by anyone as long as it's documented, within the specified intervals, with specified materials.
      Best part? You don't even have to do the maintenance. Just document it. *whistles and walks away*
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Best part? You don't even have to do the maintenance. Just document it. *whistles and walks away*
      I couldn't sleep doing something like this.

A simple spreadsheet and a ziploc bag with receipts is more than most people do for record keeping.

I'm reliably told they'll upgrade you to a TTRS.

Best of luck!
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Is it weird that I want to cram into the back seat in cycling clothes and feel the mechanical vibrations as you tear around the Outback?

oh yeah, following this one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
      Empathy isn't hard. You don't have to feel what other people feel to be understanding or trust that not everyone has the same perspective.

To be covered under warranty, would a covered repair have to be completed by October 15 or just the diagnosis that a covered repair is needed?

How much does the repair cost if not covered by warranty? Can an indy shop do it or is it dealer-only for some reason?
      Last edited by 4.OMG; 10-12-2020 at 01:13 PM.
      Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Doesn't matter if it's flashed back to stock. ODIS will see that the ECU has been flashed for unofficial reasons (or something like that) and still TD1 the car.
      There's a way, if the software company will play along, to erase that history. Some APR dealers will do it for people with their tunes. They charge for it, of course, but it's possible. If your car is tuned and needs to go in for warranty work you stop in, have them flash everything back like it's never been touched, erasing the "history" of the tune.
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Let's wait and see.
      Maybe you should try this approach to making threads as well.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS
      She got so pissed off she dumped her tits out at me.

No, not officially. Audi's official policy (which blatantly violates the M-M act) is that any car that is TD1ed will automatically void any warranties associated with the powertrain, without limitation. This is obviously no consistent with federal law.
      I was interested in how this actually worked so I looked up the law..

Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?
      No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. The manufacturer or dealer can, however, require consumers to use select parts if those parts are provided to consumers free of charge under the warranty.

Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.
      https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...intenance#will

So for Audi to successfully deny coverage on the Thermostat they have to prove the modification directly impacted the part. Is that correct? Can't wait to see how this plays out.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

This will be good......

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      There's a way, if the software company will play along, to erase that history. Some APR dealers will do it for people with their tunes. They charge for it, of course, but it's possible. If your car is tuned and needs to go in for warranty work you stop in, have them flash everything back like it's never been touched, erasing the "history" of the tune.
      I've heard a lot about this throughout the years but it has always turned out to be vaporware for me. Apparently you cannot touch the "flash counter" and there are checksums that can be run to find out if a car has been tuned.
      Current: 2010 W204 C63
      Past: 2x MK7 Golf GTI, 1x MK7 Golf 1.4 TSI, 1x MK6 Jetta GLI

in! this will be interesting either way
      Satan´s nopemares...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      You shut your whore mouth.
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

The classic litigious way of thinking. "IF THIS HAPPENS I'LL SO, BY GUM!!"

Why not just wait until you know what's happening, then formulate an appropriate response? Seems a lot easier than getting all worked up over something you don't know yet.
      We are buying cars! If you have an exceptional classic/collector/enthusiast vehicle of any generation, please DM me! www.hymanltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven7 View Post
      I've heard a lot about this throughout the years but it has always turned out to be vaporware for me. Apparently you cannot touch the "flash counter" and there are checksums that can be run to find out if a car has been tuned.
      There's a member here who had no issues with it when they had their TT-S. Sneaky Snakes.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post

We are buying cars! If you have an exceptional classic/collector/enthusiast vehicle of any generation, please DM me! www.hymanltd.com

Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      There's a member here who had no issues with it when they had their TT-S. Sneaky Snakes.
      because the dealer didnt care, or because they actually got their flash counter reset? ....

Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      because the dealer didnt care, or because they actually got their flash counter reset? ....
      Flash counter reset.
      Instagram - efrie004

No, and maybe they won't. I drop the car off Tuesday morning.
      So nothing's happened and we're already on page 3?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast