2022 Acura MDX Prototype revealed - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 76 to 88 of 88
    1. #76
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2015
      Posts
      484
      Why are you guys complaining about the 3rd row of an X5? It's mainly there to check all the boxes. If you want a real 3rd row you go for the X7. For German luxury, only BMW and MB offer good 3rd row options. The competitors in that class simply don't offer vehicles with a decent 3rd row. It's why the X7 has been such a big hit (literally). To get anything comparable you have to go American, Lexus or Range Rover. So, the X5 doesn't really have to compete against the MDX and XC90 because those serious about 3rd rows have another option in BMW's lineup whereas those checking out the MDX and XC90 have to think hard about whether their needs are really met with what those vehicles have to offer. Anyone considering those three vehicles and want a really good 3rd row option will probably end up with an X7 because it's the next logical step up.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #77
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2016
      Posts
      3,933
      Wow was gonna to knock it but the rear some nice pizazz The tail looks excellent without being fussy

    4. #78
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      7,408
      Quote Originally Posted by Reisner View Post
      Why are you guys complaining about the 3rd row of an X5? It's mainly there to check all the boxes.
      Way to answer your own question immediately lol. What's the point of a useless 3rd row? Can't really use it for people and it eats up cargo space. Seems like the worst of both worlds

      Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

    5. #79
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,822
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Way to answer your own question immediately lol. What's the point of a useless 3rd row? Can't really use it for people and it eats up cargo space. Seems like the worst of both worlds

      Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      It doesn’t really eat up cargo space, you just can’t option the spare tire or the luggage compartment package.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVhkwDTSnac

      And it’s certainly usable for children, who typically are people.
      20 BMW M2 CS
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i

    6. #80
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,712
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      It doesn’t really eat up cargo space, you just can’t option the spare tire or the luggage compartment package.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVhkwDTSnac

      And it’s certainly usable for children, who typically are people.
      Not everyone wants additional seating just because they have small children. It’s not usable for many people’s needs. That’s like buying a RWD convertible as your only vehicle in a snow state. Well I suppose it’s usable sometimes..

    7. #81
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,822

      2022 Acura MDX Prototype revealed

      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Not everyone wants additional seating just because they have small children. It’s not usable for many people’s needs. That’s like buying a RWD convertible as your only vehicle in a snow state. Well I suppose it’s usable sometimes..
      Which is why it’s provided as an option. You can choose to spec it on your vehicle or not. Just like you can choose to spec a RWD version as well if you don’t think you’ll need AWD. Options are a good thing IMO. I choose not to get the third row in my E70 because I didn’t need it then.
      20 BMW M2 CS
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i

    8. #82
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,712
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      Which is why it’s provided as an option. You can choose to spec it on your vehicle or not. Just like you can choose to spec a RWD version as well if you don’t think you’ll need AWD. Options are a good thing IMO. I choose not to get the third row in my E70 because I didn’t need it then.
      Right but this all started as: the X5’s third row was useless for its size; Not whether or not options were a good thing. Having the ability to only put children in a third row seems useless in the grand scheme of things. That will not be an issue with an MDX or XC90, period. /End rant.

    9. #83
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      7,408
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Right but this all started as: the X5’s third row was useless for its size; Not whether or not options were a good thing. Having the ability to only put children in a third row seems useless in the grand scheme of things. That will not be an issue with an MDX or XC90, period. /End rant.
      Yea, the idea that a useful 3rd row should cost another $20-30K is ridiculous. But that's how the Germans play
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

    10. #84
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,712
      Quote Originally Posted by Reisner View Post
      Why are you guys complaining about the 3rd row of an X5?
      We’re not complaining, It’s just that ND40z said that the MDX third row is worse than that in an X5, and I wholeheartedly disagree considering this is a thread on the MDX, and the fact the new MDX’s third row is supposed to be bigger than the one which was already more usable than the X5.

      Saying “well my kids fit back there” is not really logical as an argument to say one is larger than another when I am anecdotally saying I literally cannot fit in the third row of an X5, but can fit in the third row of an MDX (and XC90 for that matter).

    11. #85
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,822
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      We’re not complaining, It’s just that ND40z said that the MDX third row is worse than that in an X5, and I wholeheartedly disagree considering this is a thread on the MDX, and the fact the new MDX’s third row is supposed to be bigger than the one which was already more usable than the X5.
      I said my 2nd Gen MDX's 3rd row was worse. I have no idea what the 4th Gen will be like. I'm assuming they'd make it more useable. I've been playing in this space a long time and make sure I hop in the 3rd row of every vehicle in this segment when testing them.

      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Saying “well my kids fit back there” is not really logical as an argument to say one is larger than another when I am anecdotally saying I literally cannot fit in the third row of an X5, but can fit in the third row of an MDX (and XC90 for that matter).
      I fit in the 3rd row of the X5 just as well as I fit in the 3rd row of my XC90. I am replacing my XC90 with the X5 because the newer G05 is as usable with the 3rd row as my XC90 was. From the sounds of things, the increased length of the new MDX should help things in that area for it as well. But if the XC90 has a 3rd row that's good enough, then the X5 falls into that category as well. The dimensions of the vehicles are practically identical. The 3rd Gen MDX was already 3-4 inches longer than the two of them and it sounds like this one will grow in length from there.
      20 BMW M2 CS
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i

    12. #86
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,712
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      From the sounds of things, the increased length of the new MDX should help things in that area for it as well. The 3rd Gen MDX was already 3-4 inches longer than the two of them and it sounds like this one will grow in length from there.
      There we go

    13. #87
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2015
      Posts
      484
      Wow, I had no idea a third row was that big a deal. It certainly isn't for me, the owner, cause I'm not going to be back there. If you find yourself in the third row of a midsize SUV, you probably deserve to be back there. Most likely, it'll be a short ride so hang tough. My last Acura was a 2005 MDX (which I had for five years) and I can only remember using the 3rd row once, to take home a bunch of drunk Japanese girls. Every other time the seats were folded down to make way for stuff. To each his own but, like I said, if you find yourself needing that third row that much just save yourself the consternation and get a larger vehicle. This isn't hard.

    14. #88
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2015
      Posts
      484
      Quote Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
      I said my 2nd Gen MDX's 3rd row was worse. I have no idea what the 4th Gen will be like. I'm assuming they'd make it more useable. I've been playing in this space a long time and make sure I hop in the 3rd row of every vehicle in this segment when testing them.



      I fit in the 3rd row of the X5 just as well as I fit in the 3rd row of my XC90. I am replacing my XC90 with the X5 because the newer G05 is as usable with the 3rd row as my XC90 was. From the sounds of things, the increased length of the new MDX should help things in that area for it as well. But if the XC90 has a 3rd row that's good enough, then the X5 falls into that category as well. The dimensions of the vehicles are practically identical. The 3rd Gen MDX was already 3-4 inches longer than the two of them and it sounds like this one will grow in length from there.
      From the looks of the concept the increased length appears to come from the hood. I'm not sure why it's so long.

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234