Ferrari Roma Marketing
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Ferrari Roma Marketing

My facebook feed, web ads, and snail mail have blown up over the last few weeks with Ferrari Roma ads/promotions.

Anyone else have this? Maybe I am just the target demographic of yuppy who can (in theory) afford a cheap Ferrari, but not an expensive one, so they are marketing to me?

Also, what's most unique about the advertising I've been getting is that it stresses style, sophistication, and adventure with the car. It never really mentions performance, etc.

So I guess my questions are:

1) Is Ferrari's advertising (to the extent that Ferrari advertises) moving more toward selling the brand a lifestyle brand and less about all-out performance cars; and
      2) Is the Roma selling well? I don't even remember a Ferrari model advertised like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice try with putting the shield directly on that ugly dip at the base of the A pillar. Ferrari will sell every car they make no matter what.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

Interesting, but that is the ugliest Ferrari in a while...

You're getting Ferrari mail in your actual mailbox? That's pretty wild. Most of my internet ads are for Firehouse Subs or TireRack with the occasional Audi/Porsche ad. I like food and cars and my cookies and cache show it. I don't have a Facebook so I don't know how their stuff works, but I'd assume it's the same story. It's all based on what you look at and related interests.

I would imagine Ferrari is looking at trying to sell the brand as a lifestyle. Especially with this...beautiful car... That's what captures younger people these days. The IG influencer doesn't care about performance specs, they care about how it looks on Rodeo Drive or in the valet lot. "Going to brunch in a Roma is cooler than going in X vehicle, here take a look!"
      "keep it between the mayonnaise and mustard"

ford x8 (mustang x4, thunderbird, lightning, svt focus, fiesta st)
      chevy x1 (2500hd)
      vw x2 (atlas cross sport, tiguan)

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbob View Post
      You're getting Ferrari mail in your actual mailbox? That's pretty wild. Most of my internet ads are for Firehouse Subs or TireRack with the occasional Audi/Porsche ad. I like food and cars and my cookies and cache show it. I don't have a Facebook so I don't know how their stuff works, but I'd assume it's the same story. It's all based on what you look at and related interests.

I would imagine Ferrari is looking at trying to sell the brand as a lifestyle. Especially with this...beautiful car... That's what captures younger people these days. The IG influencer doesn't care about performance specs, they care about how it looks on Rodeo Drive or in the valet lot. "Going to brunch in a Roma is cooler than going in X vehicle, here take a look!"
      Yeah the local Ferrari dealer sent something out in the mail. I think I already recycled it or I would post a picture.

It's also possible I got put on some marketing list for likely buyers or something.

Came expecting an advert with an ugly Aston driving down the road with this song playing

Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

All modern Ferraris are way too fast for public roads, thus making all of them equally pointless and equally exhilarating to drive, more or less. After a certain point, performance specs don’t really matter much anyhow, unless you care about a dick measuring contest. I’m a big fan of the old-school evo magazine way of measuring a car subjectively and wholistically. Does the Roma feel good to drive? Is it quick enough?

The Roma is pretty in most respects, the weird fender line at base of A-pillar not withstanding. Every Ferrari for the past 25+ years has had at least one weird styling element. The last “perfect” Ferrari style wise was the F355, although the extremely exclusive SP1 and SP2 come close. The last truly “pretty” Ferrari was made in the 1960s.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      I am not seeing these FB adds. It appears their targeting algorithms work
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      1) Is Ferrari's advertising (to the extent that Ferrari advertises) moving more toward selling the brand a lifestyle brand and less about all-out performance cars; and
      I think you could argue that's been a trend, considering they've sold cars that you need to be approved by Ferrari to buy, and the fact that over half (I'm guessing) of their owners own one as a statement or collector's item.

EVs are quickly democratizing performance figures previously reserved for wildly expensive supercars like Ferraris. Even more mainstream performance cars these days offer stats previously reserved for exotics. I think order to convince people to buy a Ferrari, their marketing team has no choice but to lean on merits other than just performance such as style, exclusivity, brand prestige, etc.

As for why you're getting those targeted ads, it's simply because Facebook knows you're looking at similar things. Case in point lately I've been browsing cheap used Tacomas to potentially assist with us moving into a new house (moving furniture, remodeling, landscaping, maybe try some off-roading, etc.). With that in mind let's see the first ad that comes up when I open Facebook right now...

Cosmo Auto Group
      ·
      🚘🤩 It's time to brand new!! 🤩🚘
      We accept ALL kinds of credit!! ️
      🏁 WITH YOUR ITIN AND MATRICULATE YOU GET OUT HANDLE 🚘
      Apply TODAY 📞 408 8767 908 🙋🏻 ♀️🚗
      🔥 factory warranty cars
      🔥 Clean titles without accident record
      🔥 Easy Financing
      🔥 Low monthly payments
      🚦🚗 Cosmo Auto Group 🚙🔑
      1091 W San Carlos St
      San Jose Ca 95126
      Me your friend El Chicken I recommend you to my comrades of Cosmo Auto Group 🚗

[insert video of typical hot woman in shot red dress speaking in Spanish about some used cars with ranchero music playing in the background]
      I rest my case.
      Last edited by chucchinchilla; 10-15-2020 at 03:42 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Yeah the local Ferrari dealer sent something out in the mail. I think I already recycled it or I would post a picture.

It's also possible I got put on some marketing list for likely buyers or something.
      Didn't notice your location at first.. I'm guessing being Vegas plays a part too. The VINs attached to me being "regular" cars and living around 200 miles from the nearest Ferrari store may have something to do with me never seeing a Ferrari ad. Your Porsche probably got ya on that list... nice ego boost

chevy x1 (2500hd)

Maybe I am just the target demographic of yuppy who can (in theory) afford a cheap Ferrari, but not an expensive one, so they are marketing to me?
      you dont say, we all were wondering, thanks for getting the humblebrag in in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbob View Post
      I’d argue that it’s not just IG influencers. I think many potential customers are looking for a more “usable” Ferrari that is still an exclusive, good looking, high-performance luxury good, and isn’t such a temperamental horse.

Most modern Ferraris are simply way too compromised. In order to keep pushing the performance envelope, they become more and more pointless as street cars. The faster they get, the less fun they become at responsible speeds. Which is a hard position to sustain for a brand that built its entire identity around racing.

They are just taking their F1 philosophy to google ad investments

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      you dont say, we all were wondering, thanks for getting the humblebrag in in the OP
      Good lord you are a pain in the ass.

What I meant was that marking teams generally break potential buyers into various demographic groups based upon known data points. Ferrari isn't really in the business of marketing LaFerraris to Lawyers -- way outside the price range of 99.995% of lawyers.

But a Roma? Maybe. It's a stretch. But many lawyers can afford to finance a $200,000 car, and may lawyers are extremely image-conscious and status-obsessed.

So to the extent that Ferrari's marketing agency was seeking out mid-career lawyers to advertise the Roma as a "lifestyle car," they hit their target demographic. I wasn't saying that I, personally, could or could not afford a Roma. Merely that I might be part of a marketing demographic.

Must be hard being SO RICH. Geez dude.

chevy x1 (2500hd)

I get a sh!t ton of Infiniti Facebook ads. They must not realize that I'm already paying off one car, and that I'd never buy a CVT. Looking forward to be part of Ferrari's target demographic, to not buy a Ferrari.

1) Is Ferrari's advertising (to the extent that Ferrari advertises) moving more toward selling the brand a lifestyle brand and less about all-out performance cars
      Ferrari switched over to a "lifestyle" brand a while ago. Don't they have a Ferrari theme park somewhere? I'd be interested in knowing what their profits are on actual road cars vs branded t-shirts and merchandising.

Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      Ferrari switched over to a "lifestyle" brand a while ago. Don't they have a Ferrari theme park somewhere? I'd be interested in knowing what their profits are on actual road cars vs branded t-shirts and merchandising.
      They make a **** ton of money on road cars and t-shirts so that they can blow much of it on their F1 team. It’s been that way since the beginning.

Funny timing on this thread.

I was just at a doctor's office and saw a Roma ad in an upscale local magazine. I thought, hmm, strange, didn't know Ferrari advertised.

But strangely, the ad's lengthy text paragraph mentioned performance - the 3/9L turbo V8 with x HP and y ft-lbs, and that the car weighed 32xxx lbs. So not the data-free lifestyle ad that the OP mentioned.

Is this... a #humblebrag???

I love it. It's arguably the Ferrari Aston Martin Vantage without the Vantage's build quality issues and prettier.

It's supposed to be much more usable and livable at normal speeds, with the ability to seriously scoot when needed.

BTW, I get the FB ads for it too and I don't make that much money.

"Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      the Ferrari Aston Martin Vantage without the Vantage's build quality issues
      So it will catch fire before it breaks down?
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      So it will catch fire before it breaks down?
      Saves you the hassle of a dealer service call.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

They were expecting you to get a large sum of money after suing AoA.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast