Ferrari Roma Marketing - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      The Roma people would like a cut for the use of their name :

2018 Golf R , '96 993
      past:2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro,
      '85 GTI, 17 yrs , 280k miles, '75 Nova (first car)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Taken from the other thread, this shows what I'm talking about. Just doesn't look right. Again this is why I'd like to see more pictures of that area...probably will just have to wait until I see one on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

I didn't even know this was coming out. I'm with Chris V. It's gorgeous in an understated way. And there is no dip ahead of the A- pillar.

Anyone who doesn't like the styling of this is likely a registered sex offender, or will become one in the future.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

As I said, from some angles, the arc of the hood line to the windshield pillar makes it look like a dip, but it isn't as the side view shows. From the base of the front bulge back to the base of the rear bulge is a level line.

Another that looks like a dip from some angles but doesn't is the A/S5

The Roma just doesn't have the sharp crease defining it, but the front fender bulge comes back with the coke bottle shape to the rear bulge the same way. and the hood side rounds up to the A pillar similarly.
      Last edited by Chris_V; 10-16-2020 at 01:33 PM.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      There is no dip there. The arc of the hood as it comes around to the side windows can LOOK like a dip from some angles...
      Technicalities aside, who cares either way? If it looks awkward, it looks awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      Technicalities aside, who cares either way? If it looks awkward, it looks awkward.
      Yeah exactly you can call it what you want, it just doesn't look good. Shame as Ferrari just lost a sale because I was totally going to buy one new until I saw that.

This thread is prime example of Elbows Too Pointy and 6/10 would not.

A lot of pointy elbows below

Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Very true. I quite enjoy my echo chamber of kenji & babish, ymh, and norm macdonald videos though.
      So. Many. Tentacles.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      I dislike the fender shields on Ferraris. They cost way too much as an option and I don’t like the way they look. But the market seems to demand them and it also greatly effects resale. So they’re almost ubiquitous. Red Ferrari w/ fender shields is a classic look. But the Ferraris that really appeal to me most are the less extrovert examples done in something other than red. Sadly, most of the new Tailor Made Ferraris are grotesque.
      I wasn't speaking about the literal badges on the car; more just the general fact that this is a Ferrari. Ferrari always commands a price premium in any space it competes in, but I think this thing's USP is the weakest in the lineup. I mean it's good looking and fast but so are plenty of cars half its price. It's not a clout daddy like the V12 coupes or the mid engined cars.... it just kind of is.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Just saw a Ferrari Roma ad on Facebook. Looks like I moved up a demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Just saw a Ferrari Roma ad on Facebook. Looks like I moved up a demographic.

Must be hard being SO RICH. Geez dude.
      "keep it between the mayonnaise and mustard"

ford x8 (mustang x4, thunderbird, lightning, svt focus, fiesta st)
      chevy x1 (2500hd)
      vw x2 (atlas cross sport, tiguan)

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      I didn't even know this was coming out. I'm with Chris V. It's gorgeous in an understated way. And there is no dip ahead of the A- pillar.

Anyone who doesn't like the styling of this is likely a registered sex offender, or will become one in the future.
      I'm not worried about a dip. I'm worried about that ugly positive bulge right at the base of the A-pillar. It's very apparent in the leftmost pic and the bottom pic. Yuck. Some designer got painted into a corner on this one.

Not everything is related to customer demographic or based on retargeting browser history. I handle marketing for luxury dealerships and a lot of what we target is conquest owners of competitive luxury brands. For example, an Audi dealer might send out conquest mail and FB targeting to owners of Mercedes-Benz and BMW in their market. This is all direct Dealership to Consumer marketing though, not corporate stuff.

I've been seeing 2+ minute Roma ads at the beginning of the drive in movies at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. They are definitely focusing on lifestyle more than the vehicle or performance.
      Last edited by Mr.Veedubya; 10-16-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Veedubya View Post
      Not everything is related to customer demographic or based on retargeting browser history. I handle marketing for luxury dealerships and a lot of what we target is conquest owners of competitive luxury brands. For example, an Audi dealer might send out conquest mail and FB targeting to owners of Mercedes-Benz and BMW in their market. This is all direct Dealership to Consumer marketing though, not corporate stuff.

I've been seeing 2+ minute Roma ads at the beginning of the drive in movies at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. They are definitely focusing on lifestyle more than the vehicle or performance.
      now THIS combination is amazing. never thought I'd hear of Ferrari ads in Nascar's home court.

Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      now THIS combination is amazing. never thought I'd hear of Ferrari ads in Nascar's home court.
      They would do better to send some red, white and blue Portofino demo vehicles to the Harris Teeter parking lot in Cornelius. Lots o' garish lake money there
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      I’m just going to go ahead and assume the reason I don’t see any Ferrari FB adds is a combination of my add blocker + Eeros Secure ad blocking at the network level. Not my completely modest means.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

my FB is now suddenly full of friend requests from what appears to be Turkish women with monstrous breasts. Like MONSTROUS. And this is my work computer - with a clean browsing history!

Why can't I be cool enough to be targeted by Roma online, or at least see women with names spelled with letters on my keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbob View Post
      Am I the only one that likes the Aston more? I'd take it over this 11/10 times. I think it's because there many other Ferrari's that could be had used for less than the Roma that are much cooler, to me. It's also because I don't think the Roma is as attractive as it could be. Something about it (aside from A pillar) bothers me.
      No, I'd rather have a DB11.

The DB11/tents is nice, but the Ferrari interior will undoubtedly be nicer (although the DB11/tents interior is nicer than the Vantage).

I would go Ferrari Roma. But it's close.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      So. Many. Tentacles.
      You too? I'm never letting V borrow my laptop again.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerbob View Post
      Must be hard being SO RICH. Geez dude.
      You should just buy more money and get the ads like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      You too? I'm never letting V borrow my laptop again.
      Said no bothhands ever. Tentacles are love. Tentacles are life.

BTW, running Mines tomorrow and Sunday if you wanna join. TCL'ers are doing tomorrow, flat six guys doing Sunday. Text me if you wanna join.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Taken from the other thread, this shows what I'm talking about. Just doesn't look right. Again this is why I'd like to see more pictures of that area...probably will just have to wait until I see one on the street.
      That area reminds me of the weird curves of a poorly digitally altered selfie.

But it may not look that way in person.
      Pictures and reality are not always the same.
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You should just buy more money and get the ads like we do.
      Apparently that's what I did since my Facebook ads went from BHPH lots to new Ferraris in just a 24h period. I don't care what they say, the American dream is alive and well!

Apparently that's what I did since my Facebook ads went from BHPH lots to new Ferraris in just a 24h period. I don't care what they say, the American dream is alive and well!
      Welcome to richdom. Here's your Roma, golden retriever and Amex Black.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast